By Atef Z. Elsherbeni
The target of this e-book is to introduce scholars and design-engineers to antenna layout and research utilizing the preferred advertisement electromagnetic software program FEKO. This publication is essentially meant for college students operating within the box of antenna research and layout; but the wealth of hands-on layout examples awarded during this book―along with simulation details―also makes it a worthy reference for working towards engineers. The requirement for the readers of this publication is to be conversant in the fundamentals of antenna conception; even if electric engineering scholars taking an introductory direction in antenna engineering may also reap the benefits of this publication as a supplementary textual content.
The key strengths of this publication are as follows
* First, the fundamentals of antenna simulation might be provided in a close, comprehensible, and easy-to-follow process via research of the easiest kinds of radiators, i.e. dipole and loop antennas, in chapters 2 and three. it will construct the elemental wisdom a pupil would want as a way to make the most of antenna simulation software program quite often.
* moment, comparability among theoretical research and full-wave simulation result of FEKO are given for quite a few antenna kinds, with a view to relief the readers with a greater realizing of the speculation, approximations and obstacles within the theoretical research, and resolution accuracy.
* 3rd, and of paramount significance, is the visualization of the antenna present distribution, radiation styles, and different radiation features which are made on hand via full-wave simulations utilizing FEKO. a formal research of the radiation features via those visualizations serves as a strong academic instrument to completely comprehend the radiation habit of antennas.
The advertisement electromagnetic software program FEKO is chosen for the simulations because of its a variety of merits and recognition. specifically, this software program offers a number of solvers that may be selected for a quick and effective research looking on the kind of antenna. in addition, FEKO offers unfastened school room licenses to universities which can be utilized to simulate lots of the antenna configurations offered during this book.
FEKO simulation documents can be found to teachers who undertake the e-book for his or her path or execs who've bought the publication. Please touch The IET for additional info
Read or Download Antenna analysis and design using FEKO electromagnetic simulation software PDF
Best electromagnetism books
Corridor impact Sensors, thought and alertness serves as a step by step consultant for engineers who are looking to comprehend the working ideas of corridor impact magnetic sensors and their use in real-world purposes. This accomplished e-book addresses corridor sensor idea and perform, starting from the aiding physics to tools of designing the units into entire items.
This specified e-book offers basic, easy-to-use, yet powerful brief codes in addition to digital instruments that may be utilized by electric, digital, communique, and laptop engineers in a wide diversity of electric engineering difficulties Electromagnetic modeling is key to the layout and modeling of antenna, radar, satellite tv for pc, scientific imaging, and different functions.
- Transmission Lines in Digital Systems for EMC Practitioners
- Principles of Mössbauer Spectroscopy
- Essentials of Computational Electromagnetics
- Introduction to Classical Integrable Systems
- Principles of Mössbauer Spectroscopy
Extra info for Antenna analysis and design using FEKO electromagnetic simulation software
Compared with the dipole case, does the received power at the port increase? Explain your answer. (5) Dipole Placed Near a PEC Disc. Create a circular PEC disc with a diameter of 5l. Use the PO solution for the disc. Next, place a half-wavelength dipole antenna parallel to the plane of the disc at distance (d). The geometry of this problem in CADFEKO is given in Figure P2-2. Change d from l to 5l and observe the gain patterns for this antenna. Does this antenna have a higher gain than a dipole radiating in free space?
41 41 43 53 60 68 71 INTRODUCTION This chapter introduces another fundamental antenna configuration: the loop antenna. This simple, inexpensive, and very versatile antenna takes many different forms, such as a rectangle, square, triangle, ellipse, and circle. Because of the simplicity in analysis and construction, the circular loop is the most popular and has received the widest attention.
In the main menu, rightclick on the ‘‘Ports’’ folder and select the ‘‘Wire port’’ option. Then select the wire and place the port at the middle of the wire. A voltage source is then added to the wire port using the default values for the magnitude and phase of the voltage. ’’ Figure 2-5 is a snapshot of the defined voltage source excitation for the dipole. To simulate the structure we first have to define the solution frequency. Here we set the desired operating frequency (freq) to 300 MHz. For a broadband sweep we can use the lower and upper frequency values.